Sunday, October 5, 2014

Podcast: Official 2014-15 Penguins Preview

Our Official 2014-15 Penguins Preview Podcast. We discuss our expectations for the upcoming season, including out over-unders for things like Thomas Greiss' playoff starts, and what having an "NHL body" actually means. This is big. This is the GTOG Podcast.



Listen to the podcast above or check out our Spreaker page. To download the podcast directly from iTunes, click here.  Or you can download, listen, and subscribe via the Spreaker app on iTunes by clicking here, or on Android by clicking here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear somebody acknowledge that it would be a wildly bad idea to trade Paul Martin. You don't try to fill your hole in the top-6 by creating a huge hole in your top-4. Defense takes priority, especially given that the Pens D is going to drive its offense. People may not like the top-6 wingers, but this team will put up enough goals, at least in the regular season. So you lose a guy to FA: when you're a contender, that's just the way it works. The only way I do it is if Despres really breaks out - and even then, I'd be tempted to wait until next year to bump him up. Do you trust a Maatta-Despres pairing top-4 in the playoffs, even if both have good seasons?

    Otherwise, I really like the additions all around, at least until actual game play proves me wrong. I've been high on the Hornqvist trade since day one, and the preseason only solidified it. I've watched him play a lot, since I get Preds and Jackets games at home - and I always thought he was exactly the type of player the Pens needed. Geno's line constantly got trapped in the d-zone, if they lost possession - not only was there no one to go to the net, there was no one to do the dirty work. I really think the fan base is going to fall in love with this guy - at least those who know the game.

    But mostly, I'm just itching for Thursday. I haven't been this excited for a season in ages, if only to see how it plays out. Change is good. It's time for the Boys of Winter. LGP!

    ReplyDelete