Forget all the analysis you've been reading about NHL realignment because the only thing that matters right now is keeping the Pens in the same conference/division with the Islanders. Nothing cures a team that for 20 minutes looked on the verge of slipping into a December slump better than being able to play 40 more minutes against Al Montoya. Coming off losses to two Eastern Conference powers and having to dress Jason Williams, this was a huge two points on the road.
|"I'm so good."|
- Paul Martin scored, and as far as GTOG is concerned, it was a laser off the crossbar. You can show us video of it hitting Dylan Reese's butt and dribbling over the goal line, but we will choose not to believe that video.
- Pascal Dupuis is so good.
- We hope Claude Giroux is ok (<-- mandatory to say that), but if anyone deserves bad news it's Paul Holmgren. Feeling very anti-Flyers today.
- Evgeni Malkin is third in the league in points per game.
- The 5-minute elbowing call on Travis Hamonic is the early favorite for worst call of the year. Our take is that's too bad. Go Pens.
[Great find by @HF_Steve on Twitter]