Saturday, November 27, 2010

GTOPG: Pens Defeat Ottawa 2-1; What Can You Say

By Finesse

Since I'm back in Pittsburgh this weekend, I've had the pleasure of listening to the Bob Grove postgame show on The X (I know, I can listen online, but it isn't the same). For home games, Grover is joined by the Old 29'er, Phil Bourque. Here is a rough transcript of yesterday's post-game show, recapping the Pens 2-1 victory over Ottawa.

Grove: "Phil, Fleury was phenomenal. I mean, what can you even say."
29'er: "I don't know, what can you say."
Grove: "Ok, Connie from North Braddok texts to the McDonald's Inbox, 'Fleury. Nothing more I can say.' Connie, couldn't have said it better myself."

I'm not a communications major and I have no background in radio, but I think the reason you hire people for the radio is precisely so they can think of things to say. But that's just me.

But Fleury, really, I mean, what can you say.

Finesse's Division Crown Jinx Countdown: 6 out of a possible 6 points.

1. at Florida: W 3-2
2. at Buffalo: W 1-0
3. vs. Ottawa: W 2-1
4. vs. Calgary
5. at New York Rangers
6. vs. Atlanta
7. at Columbus
8. vs. New Jersey
9. vs. Toronto
10. at Buffalo

What can you say.

No comments:

Post a Comment